Pleasure Divers SSI instructor program will ensure you are ready for life as a Scuba Diving Instructor. Taking your professional diving career to the next level is a giant leap towards living the ultimate diving dream.
This program provides you with the knowledge, concepts and training necessary to organize and conduct entry-level scuba training courses as well as some specialty courses.
SSI Instructor training Course
Your Instructor Training Course (ITC) schedule will be tailored to your every need. Our facility here on Magnetic Island is a first class instructor training facility, with our own purpose built dive pool and classroom on site there is no time wasted with travel during the course meaning more time training.
Pleasure Divers experienced and professional Instructor Trainer focuses on producing high quality instructors ready to teach in the "real world" upon successful completion of the ITC and Instructor Exam.
Courses run from 10-12 full days depending on your level prior to the course. The course focuses on all aspects of the SSI Teaching System with emphasis on course planning and structure, teaching in the water and in the classroom.
You will be able to teach all entry level programs as an SSI open water instructor as well as:
- Advanced Adventurer
- Diver Stress and Rescue
- Enriched Air Nitrox
- Perfect Buoyancy
- Dive Guide
- 100 logged dives (unlimited diving on Magnetic Island prior and during the course)
- CPR, First Aid, O2 certified within 12 months
- Assistant Instructor or equivalent certification (Divemasters will go through a 2 day upgrade prior to the ITC)
- Dive medical completed within 12 months
- Own total dive system (all professionals are expected to own their own gear, Pleasure Divers can assist with the purchase of high quality gear with instructor discounts)
- Enriched air nitrox certified
- Minimum age of 18
- Assistant Instructors $2000
- Divemasters (any recognised agency) $2500
Payment plans and assistant instructor internships are available
- Unlimited diving and use of our pool prior and during the ITC
- All training and instructor materials
- Free diving prior and during the ITC
- Professional support during and post course (to help you find your feet in the industry)
- Flexible training schedule to suit everyone's needs and time
- Pleasure Divers Instructor shirt and club membership
- Marine Ecology and Perfect Buoyancy training specialist upgrade
- Discounted specialty instructor upgrade after successful completion
- Instructor exam fee
- Professional membership fee
- Accommodation during the ITC (we can assist you with a wide range of accommodation options)
Starting: Instructor Exam:
March 1st 2019 March 12th/13th 2019